FG extends search for Dapchi girls to neighbouring countries-Minister
By Udeme Clement
The Federal Government has extended the on-going search for 110 girls abducted from the Government Girls Science and Technical College ,GGSTC, Dapchi, Yobe State, to neighbouring countries, in a bid to fast track the process of rescuing them.
In a statement issued in Abuja, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said top military and security officials on Thursday travelled to North-east, to add more urgency to the search, which has been extended beyond the North-east theatre.
According to him, “The officials include nation’s top military officer and Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Abayomi Olonisakin; Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas; Chief of Army Staff; Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai and the Director-General, Department of State Services, Alhaji Lawal Daura.
He said, “They joined the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, who had earlier relocated to the North-east, as well as the National Security Adviser ,NSA, Maj.-Gen. Babagana Monguno ,Rtd, who has also visited the theatre.”
He went on, “The Federal Government had earlier released the names and other details of the 110 girls, following the attack on GGSTC, Dapchi, Yobe State, on 19 Feb. 2018.”
The Minister pointed out, “The panel set up by the Federal Government to unravel the circumstances surrounding abduction of the girls was inaugurated on Thursday by the NSA”.